The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

theKENDOG's most accurate weather joint

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
swamphox
Expert

SkiATL....youre gonna get in one of my lifetime goals thurs: watch your team play on a day where you also go skiing. I had the chance once (April 16) but blew it. Maybe Ill have a shot on 11/22 for the UGA Kentucky game:)
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

The next couple of days are going to be cold, but not that cold. We'll see some overnight snowmaking but there is rain in the forecast for Friday and Saturday and Thursday and Friday will be warmer. I'm pretty bummed as I don't think Beech is going to open this weekend now due to rain on Saturday. Sunday would be one of those windy, full on snowmaking blizzard whiteout days.

The big story is the cold that is possibly in store for next week. This would be as cold as the blast a few weeks ago, but it would stick around much longer. Beginning Sunday, we could see around the clock snowmaking from Sunday through Turkey Day at least. Here's the Euro meteogram for Boone. That would be snow for Beech and Sugar on the 27th.

And the GFS.

I'm still pretty wary of this, as the models have been pretty poor lately this far out. If it pans out though, Thanksgiving weekend would be pretty nice and we'd get the kickstart we need. This is for NC by the way, Snowshoe looks damn good right now and they should open with some really, really good conditions next week.

This is definitely not a forecast, so don't take it as one. Just a look at the models. I feel like I have to say that now with all the social media hubub that goes on with weather nowadays.
WOOOOOO!

MrClemsonKeri
Expert

So your saying I'm gonna win on the 26th YAY
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

If JD wins....we will never hear the end of it
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

What is so difficult to understand I have the winning date. Boom done end of doscussion
theKENDOG
Expert

@Mr.ClemsonKeri 293580 wrote:What is so difficult to understand I have the winning date. Boom done end of doscussion

If this pans out you would be the winner. Next week looks GOOD. All indications are the season is about to get a kickstart.

WOOOOOO!

MrClemsonKeri
Expert

I said it all along.
skipink
Expert

If he wins, we should feel sorry for Keri, we only have him for a few posts a day, she has him all the time!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
theKENDOG
Expert

@Mr.ClemsonKeri 293603 wrote:I said it all along.

Looks like you might be a day off now honestly dude. The temps on Tuesday might be just a little too warm for snow. Models are showing a cold rain (and a lot of it) and then snow on Wednesday.

I am stoked as **** right now though because next Friday and Saturday at Beech look awesome!
WOOOOOO!

teledave
Expert

@theKENDOG 293669 wrote: Models are showing a cold rain (and a lot of it) and then snow on Wednesday.

WooHoo! I'm off Wed. so it will be boating time in the Smokies!
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you