The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

theKENDOG's most accurate weather joint

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

spydeeTJB wrote:Hey KD what say your models for the system coming this weekend?
Nothing good. Rain Friday. A break on Saturday. If you're trying to go get some turns in the first half of Saturday is when to do it. More rain Saturday night and Sunday.

The silver lining is some snow on the backside Sunday night and into Monday. Not a lot, but a few inches for Northwest NC and up into West Virginia. Even better, next week looks COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. We could be looking at around the clock snowmaking for many places Monday to Friday next week.

As always, this can change. Looks promising though.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

WOOOOOO!

beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

Egggggssscelent.
theKENDOG
Expert

Friday and Saturday look INTERESTING. Both the GFS and the Euro models are showing a significant snowstorm for every ski resort in the region. Will keep ya'll updated in the coming days.
WOOOOOO!

ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Fingers crossed !!!
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
theKENDOG
Expert

So the midday models came in and they are VERY promising for the Friday/Saturday storm. The GFS is awesome looking for every ski resort in the region, especially up in West Virginia and Virginia. It has a big snow event up that way.

The Euro though was especially...uhhh...bullish you could say. It has MAJOR dumpage for the NW NC resorts and all of the Virginia ones. I can't imagine the numbers it was showing will actually pan out, but even half of it would be amazing. It's solution would keep the heaviest snow at the Virginia and NC resorts. The more southerly track would keep West Virginia out of the heaviest stuff, but still significant snow.

Stay tuned as this is ridiculously promising. And I would start making plans to go riding Friday and/or Saturday.
WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

but i have to work friday, save it for saturday
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: And I would start making plans to go riding Friday and/or Saturday.
Working on both days plus a 1/2 day Sunday.

Need to be home in time to watch the games. I'll be pulling for the Panthers.
theKENDOG
Expert

SnowshoeGuy wrote:
theKENDOG wrote: And I would start making plans to go riding Friday and/or Saturday.
Working on both days plus a 1/2 day Sunday.

Need to be home in time to watch the games. I'll be pulling for the Panthers.
I'm hoping to be up at Sugar or Beech for a live broadcast Friday. Then hopefully some pow on Saturday. Then going to the game on Sunday. Could be an epic weekend if I score pow and the Panthers go to the Super Bowl.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

WOOOOOO!