The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

theKENDOG's most accurate weather joint

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Aasnider
Beginner

Anything in the long range looking cool enough for resorts to start testing out their snow making equipment? Also is this drought having any effect on pond reserves for snowmaking?
Aasnider
Beginner

Aasnider
Beginner

Just pulled this up, it’s worse that way than I thought, hopefully it won’t slow anything down for early season starts!
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Kendog, are you seeing any cold coming this way in your forecasts over the next couple weeks?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 pm Kendog, are you seeing any cold coming this way in your forecasts over the next couple weeks?
The first week of November looks like we'll see some cooler weather move in. I say cooler because I'm not sure it's cold enough for snowmaking but we'll see. Things can change.
WOOOOOO!

Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:31 pm
Wanakenatransplant wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 pm Kendog, are you seeing any cold coming this way in your forecasts over the next couple weeks?
The first week of November looks like we'll see some cooler weather move in. I say cooler because I'm not sure it's cold enough for snowmaking but we'll see. Things can change.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see if Sugar or Cat tries on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. The days look too warm but a few nights of snow making may be enough to get open for a few days.
theKENDOG
Expert

I was reading OpenSnow yesterday and the Utah forecast basically said the beginning of December was going to suck for them. That's a good sign for us! Beginning about a week from now it looks like we might see a prolonged cold spell. Below is the 7 day 500mb height anomaly for the period beginning a week from now and ending 2 weeks from now. Basically, next week looks cold.

WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Next week is starting to look REAL interesting.
WOOOOOO!