The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Isaac could end all the draught problems

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

not happy that it is looking like my 3 day boating weekend is going to be spent in doors bc of all of the rain dag nab it..
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

get your floaties out down there yall....just in case.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Here it comes.

WOOOOOO!

mobile boarder
Intermediate

raining steady for last 3 hrs. downpours happening as the bands start rolling in. wind is still ok with big gusts every now and then.
Days on snow (tbd)
mobile boarder
Intermediate

In a couple of hours they will downgrade our side of the bay to a tropical storm warning which I welcome. Just lots of rain and the normal flooding that happens close to the water
Days on snow (tbd)
MSDOG
Expert

Things are looking better for here. I think we'll see 4-5 inches of rain and max 40-45 winds. Still gonna move the MH to the front driveway just in case a limb comes down from the trees out back. Had a storm back in 07 and a pine tree from the neighbors property behind me fell across the fence during a storm and crashed right down the middle of my motor home. Totaled it and used his insurance check for a down payment on a new one. He's always telling me I should let him use it since he payed for it.
mommehK
Expert

@MSDOG 277211 wrote:Momme, and all ya'll non-locals, LA stands for Lower Alabama, not Louisiana.

...figured you'd call it Lousyana!

I lived there for about a year. Shreveport. Woo.
StealthBoarder
Expert

Cantore's been taking a beating from this storm. Its pretty impressive really. If he didn't do that, you really wouldn't be able to tell the power of the storm.

"I'm gonna ride this one out guys" - he says as he hunkered down and leaning into the wind to keep from falling down.

Its definitely bonus time for these guys.
mobile boarder
Intermediate

Downgraded enough to only be rain with minor wind bands. not bad considering what was forecast. Only a couple of Tornado warnings during the night and high tide will be in a few minutes with only about a 2'-3' overage to what is normal on the bay
Days on snow (tbd)
mobile boarder
Intermediate

@mobile boarder 277258 wrote:Downgraded enough to only be rain with minor wind bands. not bad considering what was forecast. Only a couple of Tornado warnings during the night and high tide will be in a few minutes with only about a 2'-3' overage to what is normal on the bay

Decided to go and check things out due to conflicting reports on the TV. Will give update later
Days on snow (tbd)