The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Gettimg closer

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
mobile boarder
Intermediate

Cold is good even though its not getting here fast enough
Days on snow (tbd)
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

days are getting shorter. DLST is around the corner..
StealthBoarder
Expert

New glade runs this season at Snowshoe according to the FB page. Should be nice after a few dumps.
jeffryc
Expert

I'm counting on a Halloween Day skiing in NC. I feel it in my bones. Or maybe that's just my arthritis acting up!
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Oct 31 it is. I remember being in Boone on Halloween Night in the early Ninetys with 8 to 10 inches on the chancelors lawn at App
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

We received rain yesterday and last night. Here are a few web cams from the higher elevations. Most elevations over 12k received snow. The time is near!

Stupid.
StealthBoarder
Expert

Links don't work due to board censoring.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

StealthBoarder
Expert

Thanks
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

Only about a month away now. The past few seasons Sugar has opened on like the 1st or 2nd week in Nov. Close enough to seriously start getting my **** together, I do believe. :>)

Damn, this year has flown by in retrospect, but going through it to get to this point took for F'n ever. lol
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!