The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Gettimg closer

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

@mmmoves 276230 wrote:Are you still thinking App and Beech, yard? I called and they said that they "should" be on sale sometime in August for $495 and there are no black outs involved, Dracan... so they said.

Thats pretty nice w/ no blackouts. So its basically like buying 2 season passes... That would be one hell of a deal if you were thinking of getting a pass to Sugar lol. It would be cheaper to buy the silver pass and ski Sugar + another than it would to just buy a Season pass at Sugar. :rolleyes:
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
yardsale
Expert

@mmmoves 276230 wrote:Are you still thinking App and Beech, yard? I called and they said that they "should" be on sale sometime in August for $495 and there are no black outs involved, Dracan... so they said.

thats the plan, sounds like the price has gone up though. still a very fair deal and worth the $
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
THA HATTER
Beginner

Silver passes for all! I myself am going with Beech/App.
KneeDeep
Expert

It snowed above 12k feet in Colorado earlier this week.
THA HATTER
Beginner

@KneeDeep 276291 wrote:It snowed above 12k feet in Colorado earlier this week.

I heard about that! nuts...
Droogie
Advanced

I might do a once a week pass at a 300-foot berm called Mad River Mountain 50 minutes from my house here in Columbus. At some point in mid-February it becomes good everyday. There are also 4 other 300-foot berms within 2.5 hours of Columbus that I many check out when I have to get out.
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

Lets just all get a pass to the Mont!
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
mommehK
Expert

@mtbartlett 276154 wrote:Always thought about it, Just so expensive. I'll be getting a Beech pass. And possibly a night pass to App.

I was thinking Cat & Beech (if I get to stay here in Asheville past November, damn work. /grumble)...weekday/night pass to Cat & Beech pass separately total out to almost $800 right now. So really in comparison either the Silver or Gold card both are excellent deals if within easy driving distance.

I'm wondering if the 3-day Monarch deal with the Cat pass will be available on the gold/silver cards...

On a side note since I'm seeing y'all saying App -- is it news or not news to everyone here that App's park design guy will now be employed at Beech this season instead?
THA HATTER
Beginner

@mommehK 276438 wrote:I was thinking Cat & Beech (if I get to stay here in Asheville past November, damn work. /grumble)...weekday/night pass to Cat & Beech pass separately total out to almost $800 right now. So really in comparison either the Silver or Gold card both are excellent deals if within easy driving distance.

I'm wondering if the 3-day Monarch deal with the Cat pass will be available on the gold/silver cards...

On a side note since I'm seeing y'all saying App -- is it news or not news to everyone here that App's park design guy will now be employed at Beech this season instead?

I would go with Cat if your staying in Asheville. Dunno if its worth the drive to truck it to Beech for only a slightly bigger mtn.

First I heard of an App guy going to Beech was this am... This is true...
mommehK
Expert

@mtbartlett 276453 wrote:I would go with Cat if your staying in Asheville. Dunno if its worth the drive to truck it to Beech for only a slightly bigger mtn.

First I heard of an App guy going to Beech was this am... This is true...

I'm definitely going the way of a Cat pass if I stay in the AVL. About 45 minutes door to door (without weather)? Um, yup. I figure there will hopefully be some good skiNC peeps weekends at Beech and it's a fairly easy drive (2hrs minus snow).

The App-park-guy-to-Beech story came to me by way of Chris Herndon a few weeks ago. True story.