The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Not looking good...

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

I doubt anyone opens up before Thanksgiving agree with Skia4life
brookbarrel
Intermediate

@NCSkiFanatic15 257162 wrote:There's other stuff to do besides skiing?? Since when?

Fall is a great time of the year for surfing. Its uncrowded , the waters just as warm as it is in May and the waves are much more consistent this time of year. Tonight after work was really fun with some south swell lines coming in from the late season tropical storm off the coast .Too bad it got dark at 5 and I only got to surf for an hour.But yea I want to get back on the snow as much as everyone else.
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

I live in Boone so no surfing here, just waiting for snow :(
skipanther
Advanced

Oh well,I'd rather it(season)start late and end late than start early and end early!Though if ski season started early and ended late that would be perfect,but that is asking too much around here!
swamphox
Expert

@NCSkiFanatic15 257162 wrote:There's other stuff to do besides skiing?? Since when?

The Varnamtown Oyster roast was last weekend :)
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
swamphox
Expert

@skipanther 257350 wrote:Oh well,I'd rather it(season)start late and end late than start early and end early!Though if ski season started early and ended late that would be perfect,but that is asking too much around here!

09-10 season would be nice to repeat and thats about what happened. I think Cat opened the day after thanksgiving.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

@swamphox 257354 wrote:The Varnamtown Oyster roast was last weekend :)

Haha, tempting...
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

FOr the life of me IDK why, but I saw a salt truck spraying the road today... Maybe they are just testing everything?
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
Bronco
Expert

@Dracan6 257411 wrote:FOr the life of me IDK why, but I saw a salt truck spraying the road today... Maybe they are just testing everything?

Too many "Safety Meetings" ?...........
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

lol, not for me. But maybe "they" were on/having "a safety meeting" in the brine truck.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!