The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

temps still warm?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
jt3
Intermediate

it seems like we are running behind last year on the temp dropping enough for snow. wasnt it the 6 or so that cat or sugar opened part way? la nina isnt being a good girl yet.

looking at the daytime temps for the next 10 days, we arent on snow for at least the first 10 days of nov.
trainwreck
Beginner

Hope to be riding soon.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Hate to say it, but it could be another couple of weeks...
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

Afraid you're right kd. Maybe by turkey day...
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

YEa makes me mad.. we need Dr. Freeze blaster gun to zap the slopes so the snow can stick and they can make base......
skia4life89
Intermediate

well app hasnt opened before december for the last 2 years because it has not gotten cold enough. So I would not worry yet..we still have about 3 weeks before its really time to get serious about opening. On a positive note though it has already been cold..really cold for mid/end of october. Plus we have already gotten some natural snow. I do not remember getting snow this early last year. So I am hopeful that the next cold blast will come to stay.
jt3
Intermediate

i hear ya skia, but we were riding nov 6/7 last year!
skipink
Expert

^This.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@jt3 255967 wrote:i hear ya skia, but we were riding nov 6/7 last year!

Yeah but Sugar and Cat both had to close back down for a few weeks as it got warm again. I don't think anybody really opened for good until late November/early December.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

hmm also good point...