The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

temps still warm?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

KEN is correct.. they did shut back down for some days... turkey day is my goal.. if these temps stay how they have been the past 3 nights the ground will be getting cold.. and that is the key item we need at the moment.. well COLD is what we need.. but it is comming.. that is for sure
skia4life89
Intermediate

even though it is supp to be warm during the day..its actually right at/below average temps for early nov. Plus with nights getting down to the low 30's the ground will be getting ready.
scotus
Intermediate

COLD NOW
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

Last year was a very early yr. Rarely does opening day come so early. Maybe 2x in 10 yrs. Generally its the end of Nov. or 1st of Dec. It can be up around X-mass till NC slopes open on a bad yr.

If it's killin ya that bad... Snowshoe is generally open around turkey day...

Just saying.. I'm considering it.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

Snowshoe is sounding like a good idea right about now...
jt3
Intermediate

yes it does. @NCSkiFanatic15 257502 wrote:Snowshoe is sounding like a good idea right about now...
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

i wont be to the shoe till the summit...
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

I won't wear shoes till the summit.
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

@NCSkiFanatic15 257869 wrote:I won't wear shoes till the summit.

lol nor me, and maybe not even there. ;)
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!