The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Winter Weather Predictions - Nobody Really Knows

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
iheartsnow
Beginner

Here's an interesting article discussing the different winter weather predictions between computers, wolly worms, and people. Apparently this winter, nobody knows what's gonna happen!

Forecasters and Computer Models Divided Over Seasonal Forecast
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

lol "Same as it ever was."
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

i am a weather expert......

Winter - gets cold. winter precipitation in colder regions. larger accumulations in higher elevations.. Ice and slush in the cities and lower elevations.

Spring-- chances of afternoon scattered showers

Summer - high temps, high UV index, High humidity, keep hydrated with Hammies

Fall - Cooling breezes for the beginning football season. chances of a cold front with the shift of the canadian winds..

Every day you have a 50:50 chance of rain!

It does not snow in summer!

Bikinis are acceptable clothing year around!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@Mr.ClemsonKeri 252485 wrote:i am a weather expert......

Damn, I guess I could have just skipped 4 years of meteorology classes if it's that easy haha.
WOOOOOO!

MrClemsonKeri
Expert

^ lol... i walk out the house and what ever it is doing thats the weather for the day..

you keep us well informed.. thanks
skipink
Expert

@theKENDOG 252512 wrote:Damn, I guess I could have just skipped 4 years of meteorology classes if it's that easy haha.

Didn't you skip most of your classes anyway?
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@skipink 252569 wrote:Didn't you skip most of your classes anyway?

Meh, only the boring ones. I actually was pretty good about classes in my major.
WOOOOOO!

MrClemsonKeri
Expert

When wil it start snowing.. we need the snow.. and cold to start Ski.. i need to feed the urge for cutting some turns......NOW make it happen KEN... make it happen.. use your magic weather maker... PLEASE
hardware
Intermediate

all i know is that the last few years i have missed out on some epic snow conditions.. i am hoping to change that this year.

please.. i hope i dont get skunked this season.
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

Hardware.. do like me and the wife did last year.. this is was our theory last year and will be the same game plan this year.. once the snows start.

Keep every weekend open as possible mountain weekend.

keep a spare $200 cash for lifties at all times

have gear tuned all the time and read.

make a box of all the cloths for fast packing for a quick friday escape..

and by gosh if the weather track and looks good just go..BC every time we did this last season it snowed on us and we didnt miss a single GOOD weekend..

all in all be ready to drop everything and book it up to the hills.. last minute plans always produce the best snow for some reason