The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hurricane Irene

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Figured I would post some images.

It is a HUGE storm.

It's going to be in NYC as a Category 1 storm with 70 mph winds. It's even forecasted to be in New England as a strong tropical storm.

Lots and lots of rain. The pink boxes are tornado warnings. Apparently a roof was ripped off a car dealership. That red box is a tornado watch. The whole freakin coast is under one. Greg Forbes has a TorCon index of 6. That's pretty high.

3 hour radar derived rainfall. Notice some areas have seen 3-4 inches.

This is the radar derived storm total rainfall so far. Not sure how accurate this is. I'll be interested to look at CoCoRaHS in the morning.

WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

Come on Irene, I swear, well he means

Ah come on let's take off everything,

That pretty red dress Irene(Tell him yes)

Ah come on let's, ah come on Irene, please.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
apxskir
Beginner

from Apex NC - about an inch of rain. Small tree down. Gusts to 40 or so. Crossing my fingers. I have parents and in laws with places in Ocean Isle and Nags Head.

Queue the music yardsale...
carvebeast
Advanced

emerald isle is completely flooded out on the sound side. bogue inlet pier is busted up pretty bad as well.
brookbarrel
Intermediate

On a positive note ..Buckroe was chest- head high (inconsistent overhead bombs)and chunky this morning (until the rain bands moved in and you couldn't see)
bamapilot
Expert

Anyone know how Wilmington, Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach made out???
MSDOG
Expert

I've never seen such felines in my life as the one's in the NE. Watching the news you would think IRENE was the worst storm ever in the history of the USA. It' s a minimal cat 1 storm. Fudge, grow a set you bunch of yankees. I can't imagine if a cat 5 hit up there. The news networks have got to over dramatize this thing now no matter what it does. If a huge tree falls over, it will be the headline news for the day. What a bunch of p*****s.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@MSDOG 249200 wrote:I've never seen such felines in my life as the one's in the NE. Watching the news you would think IRENE was the worst storm ever in the history of the USA. It' s a minimal cat 1 storm. Fudge, grow a set you bunch of yankees. I can't imagine if a cat 5 hit up there. The news networks have got to over dramatize this thing now no matter what it does. If a huge tree falls over, it will be the headline news for the day. What a bunch of p*****s.

It's the same thing as people down here freaking out about a couple inches of snow. They're just not used to it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
WOOOOOO!

brookbarrel
Intermediate

This one was way worse than Isabel for Hatteras Island .At least 3 new inlets were formed including here at the surf break formerly known as S turns

2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Raleigh, ahhh we have a problem.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"