The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Preferred Weather Sites

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
davidski
Expert

any predicting snow
yardsale
Expert

predicting 0" to .00005" of snow in charlotte tonight
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
davidski
Expert

that's a trend
Bronco
Expert

Just found this. Free site and IOS(Iphone,Ipad, Ipod touch) App. Nothing yet for Droid , though.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/index.php

You can read a little back history about this site if you want here:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/ ... e-and-app/

Here's a full list:

Best model sites:

InstantWeatherMaps (GFS... Best free weather site period... Kuchera snowfall, NCEP-like maps, and much more with near-zero lag)

TwisterData (NAM, RUC... best NAM site around)

Wundermap (ECMWF... only free site with Euro QPFs)

PSU eWall (Everything else... great site for ensembles)
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

TwisterData and PSU E-wall are the best for sure. TwisterData is especially good for model soundings. I'm still waiting on my trial ID for GR Earth though which is going to be the shiz.
WOOOOOO!

adm1n
Intermediate

I use www.HighCountryWeather.com, www.canaanvalleyweather.com, www.daviswvweather.com, www.winterplaceweather.com, www.snowshoeweather.com, www.deepcreekmarylandweather.com, www.massanuttenweather.com and www.wintergreenvaweather.com.

Just saying... ;-)

Kind of cool to see our weather visitation went to 1759 unique visitors YESTERDAY. We hit the first page of Google for most of the ski areas recently! Build it and THEY WILL COME!
Bronco
Expert

@theKENDOG 252355 wrote:TwisterData and PSU E-wall are the best for sure. TwisterData is especially good for model soundings. I'm still waiting on my trial ID for GR Earth though which is going to be the shiz.

Is this what you used in your forecast videos?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@Bronco 259110 wrote:Is this what you used in your forecast videos?

Nah I've been using some other stuff. I've been using the Unidata IDV for model graphics. It kind of sucks though to be honest but is good because I can zoom in on whichever region I wanna focus on. I've also been messing around with WeatherStudio. Its pretty sweet actually. I think you would like it dude and its only a one time fee of $70. Just wish it had model data integrated into it. I cannot wait to get my trial ID for GR Earth. That program is SICK looking and has everything in one including models. If you follow Brad Panovich on Twitter, a lot of the images he posts are from it. Only thing is that it is $180 per year. I am hoping I can convince Mike to get it as it will make the weather videos way better and way easier to do.

Also dude, if you really wanna get all sciencey, look into Bufkit. It is free and really great for looking at soundings.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk.
WOOOOOO!

Herk
Beginner

Ray's weather is the best for local High Country weather. They have weather stations all over up here resulting in the most accurate temperatures.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

@Herk 259360 wrote:Ray's weather is the best for local High Country weather. They have weather stations all over up here resulting in the most accurate temperatures.

Agreed for getting current temps and uptodate weather forecasts for the higher elevations, I really like raysweather.com.