The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Is it Spring or just a thaw?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
mmmtaters
Advanced

This thread makes me sad... off to plan a spring trip out west and already feeling better :D .
yardsale
Expert

@jamsandwich 240319 wrote:beech looks like they have hung up most of the snowmaking gear, so whats out there seems to be what were gonna get.

an instructor told me saturday that they let all the snowmaking crews go for the season earlier last week. maybe somebody in the know can confirm this
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Droogie
Advanced

Ober had no guns out on Ober Chute this past weekend. I'm guessing they will call it a snowmaking year with no lows even below 35 for the next ten days.
skipanther
Advanced

The calender says its way too early for Spring,but it sure feels like Spring!Maybe next year can start a little late and end late!
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

@Gringo Loco 240303 wrote: I'll take the hardtop off the Jeep and switch to softop. Every time I've done that prior to Apr 1, snow shows up.:)

I think you should.Ill go ahead and wash my car to help lol. Me and the GF went to Cat on Monday and it was almost hot.The snow was sticky and slow at the mid unloading station.Later in the afternoon when the shade moved over the mountain the snow got fast again.I can only imagine what it is like now in the middle of the day.....Need more cold...........
skipanther
Advanced

It is too early for Spring,time to right this wrong by paying tribute to Ullr,mighty blessed Ullr bring the winds of Winter to blow down to the southern Appalachians and frost the mtns until the calendar says Spring!
angel
Advanced

@Droogie 240443 wrote:I'm thinking it is over. The bases will just have to hold up. Luckily they are deep right now. I hope Ober with their 2700 ft base can make it 100% open through the last weekend in Feb.

2700 ft base??!! :eek:
Joshua8200
Intermediate

@angel 240667 wrote:2700 ft base??!! :eek:

I did a double take too...2700ft base elevation.
swamphox
Expert

@Ga Skier 240643 wrote:I think you should.Ill go ahead and wash my car to help lol. Me and the GF went to Cat on Monday and it was almost hot.The snow was sticky and slow at the mid unloading station.Later in the afternoon when the shade moved over the mountain the snow got fast again.I can only imagine what it is like now in the middle of the day.....Need more cold...........

however its a good surface to learn on...soft and difficult to get speed up on
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

@swamphox 240709 wrote:however its a good surface to learn on...soft and difficult to get speed up on

I did take advantage of that on Monday as I opened my ski school for the day.

I promised her if she fell I would beat her to the ground and catch her