The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

today

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

70 degrees today in my yard Happy Valentines day
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jamsandwich
Expert

Its windyyyy but 45 on the chair at sugar. Feels great
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

80 degrees today 65 at 8pm tonight still
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
skipanther
Advanced

Is it Februrary or May?
want2go2dasno
Beginner

it was February this morning and May this afternoon!
skipanther
Advanced

80F in Charlotte Yesterday,went out to the Milestone wearing shorts last night,felt like early Summer!W/all the warm weather and rain,the slopes are taking a beating!
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

@skipanther 241631 wrote:80F in Charlotte Yesterday,went out to the Milestone wearing shorts last night,felt like early Summer!W/all the warm weather and rain,the slopes are taking a beating!

Yup, Ive been in shorts and flops for the past 2 days here. I clocked 87 for the high with my digital weather center in my back yard. Plus there was a crazy azz storm rip through here yesterday afternoon. 70+ MPH winds, hail, and all that crap.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
StealthBoarder
Expert

@Dracan6 241797 wrote:Yup, Ive been in shorts and flops for the past 2 days here. I clocked 87 for the high with my digital weather center in my back yard. Plus there was a crazy azz storm rip through here yesterday afternoon. 70+ MPH winds, hail, and all that crap.

All that crap came through at rush hour here. I left work a little early to beat the storm before the hail came and the power went out.
adm1n
Intermediate

@StealthBoarder 241803 wrote:All that crap came through at rush hour here. I left work a little early to beat the storm before the hail came and the power went out.

You sent it our way because Monday afternoon we had hail, hard rain and crazy winds....
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

I just seems a bit early for these type of storms... I always felt like they waited till april/may/june.

But as you guys know March has been the month to bring some of the biggest snows to NC. And hell, maybe if that old wives tale hold weight, (the one about if it thunders in winter it will snow in 9-15 days...'I've heard it both ways') It could be possible to get one last blast... But it really does seem like a long shot from the forecast models, and the amount of base thats already melted in alot of areas.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!