The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe weather this weekend (1/7-1/9)

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
eleven04rails
Beginner

I am heading up to snowshoe this weekend with some friends to help out with the Open contest. I know they are expecting snow Fri-Sun but does anyone know the total snowfall they are expecting? I've been looking all over but haven't found any predictions on that.
Murphy
Beginner

For what it's worth, the GFS is saying 6-8" by Sunday. Could be windy so the powder should be on the new trails off of Widowmaker.
eleven04rails
Beginner

Thanks Murphy. This will be my first time to the Shoe since they have added those trails. Looking forward to hitting them up.
Bronco
Expert

@eleven04rails 233029 wrote:Thanks Murphy. This will be my first time to the Shoe since they have added those trails. Looking forward to hitting them up.

If/when you go on the Sawmill area runs, just remember to keep your speed up at the bottom before the merge with Widowmaker. It's flat and sucks when you have to un-strap and skate to the merge.
eleven04rails
Beginner

Good advice Bronco. I will keep that in mind. I hate having to unstrap and skate out of flat spots.
Murphy
Beginner

If you enjoy the powder, you might want to make plans to stay a couple extra days. There's a chance for a biggun early next week.
ThinkSnow
Beginner

6-8 inches is a good estimate, perhaps up to a foot if lake effect really kicks in. But its going to be chilly and with the breeze wind chills below zero at times.