The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Winter Climate Shift Beginning

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
sts9shredder
Beginner

So the good news is Colorado and the west are still going to get dumped on all winter but it looks like here in SE the bad news is that the rest of winter will be much milder. Good thing we started with such a good base !!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather- ... 2010-12-28
skipanther
Advanced

It is good a base has been started,I can take normal temps but I hate midWinter thaws!Hopefully the NAO or whatever you call it will go negative again sometime this Winter!
MSDOG
Expert

Dang. Did not know you were a member of SKINC Mr. Gore.
Droogie
Advanced

I want an ice age. That is all. Period.
skipanther
Advanced

A mini ice age sounds good!
Brewskis
Beginner

@sts9shredder 231853 wrote:looks like here in SE the bad news is that the rest of winter will be much milder.

Much milder, huh? Not so much. Snow in the SE forecast for eight of the next ten days.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Its global warming
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Its shifted alright. We are having our 5th snow of the season right now. since dec 1. Last was 11 inches. I'm at the edge of the coastal plain at 350ft elevation east of Raleigh
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
skia4life89
Intermediate

i have lost all faith in forcasters this year...first off they say its going to be a mild dry winter..hmmm thats false. Also we have already surpassed rays and other forcasters snow totals for the entire year. Every strom we have had has been 10x worse than what they were calling for. So no, i do not believe this. Its going to be cold and snowy just like its been since beginning of December.
jamsandwich
Expert

i hear that! its bad for business but good for skiing