The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Winter Climate Shift Beginning

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
snowmold
Beginner

Anyone remember the Woolly Worm?? Pretty much has nailed the winter forecast!!
Gunzy
Beginner

isn't there some old tale that whatever number of foggy days in the month of August tends to correlate pretty well to the number of days of snow? Wasn't it pretty foggy this past year?
skiing rules
Expert

Isn't there some old tale that says to disregard forecasts further out than 3 days? Whats the point in worrying about what it *might* do 2 months down the road? Also, whats the point in a co resident posting how the weather in the south just might go sour? Yes, summit county's 300 inches is might impressive compared to the SE, but who cares?
ThinkSnow
Beginner

The Brits have a great sense of humor!

Ski Bunny
Advanced

Two snows in two weeks is unheard of here. So much for warmer and dryer. :-)
sts9shredder
Beginner

Yea I'm glad that forecast that i posted seemed to be way off base!!!! I was bummed in the fall when it seemed like we were going to get a mild winter but i have already had some great powder days in NC this winter!!!:>)
angel
Advanced

@Droogie 231952 wrote:I want an ice age. That is all. Period.

AHA!!! So this mess in Atlanta is all your fault!!!!!!!! :D
skipanther
Advanced

@sts9shredder 234949 wrote:Yea I'm glad that forecast that i posted seemed to be way off base!!!! I was bummed in the fall when it seemed like we were going to get a mild winter but i have already had some great powder days in NC this winter!!!:>)

I'm very glad they were wrong,powder in NC and hoping for more this Winter!