The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

why is the admin fixated?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Cutback
Beginner

For a while now, it has become apparent that the admin of this website is fixated on Ray's weather forecast. At least three times, the admin/"columnist" has made a point of fixating on him. First, it was his year forecast. Then, it was his temperature reporting at a ski slope. Then today, it was his forecast about this weekend.

What is the pre-occupation? Something to do with the mountain Ray is affiliated with? Or another case of the admin not get the "attention" he needs to feel validated as an integral part of the NC ski scene. For someone who claims to be worried about promoting skiing in the Southeast, seems to some that he is just looking for acknowlegment from folks.

Just curious.
Tmiller72
Expert

Nothing wrong with bragging on Brad. he does a great job forecasting for this area, which can be very difficult. Ray is a nice guy and has always been the guy for forecasting mountain weather. Lately he seems to be more interested in selling ads and calenders than forecasting. Last night he was bragging about how the snow was going to be light, so much so that he put "light" in all caps and bold letters. The storm took a slightly different track. Ray like many missed it this time. Brad got it right. I'm sure Ray will get the best of Brad one of these days, but lately is been Brad on top. Mike is just bragging on his guy, no big deal.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
MSDOG
Expert

Dang, Cut. No need to take it out on Admin just because you did not get what you wanted for Christmas.
Cutback
Beginner

Not really, tmiller...weather forecasting is a guess at best. The admin has decided that one person "predicts" it better than others.

Will be interesting to see when his "expert" is not on target and someone else is.

Again, three times in two months calling out one weather person over another seems more to do with a personality/business issue....not an accuracy issue.
Cutback
Beginner

No worries. dog. I did fine for Christmas. but thanks for the concern.
Tmiller72
Expert

Well I doubt you'll get the answer you're looking for. It's Admin's site, he can call out anybody he wants.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
jbc28
Expert

I would demand a full refund....err wait...
Cutback
Beginner

@Tmiller72 231447 wrote:Well I doubt you'll get the answer you're looking for. It's Admin's site, he can call out anybody he wants.

very true...but it does make you wonder what the agenda is, since the "call outs" he has been issuing are directed are toward one person

Does seem like an "agenda", however.

Ski on.
dreamnofpow
Expert

^Rays weather.com .... who is very accurate.
jamsandwich
Expert

i only go to ray's for one thing: his corner of 321 and 105 webcams.

cutback = ray? or rays partner?