The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cold air for Thanksgiving?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
skibee85
Beginner

Looks like there is an arctic blast headed towards the mid-Atlantic beginning the week of Thanksgiving. I know long range forecasts are highly suspect, but if the forecasts hold up, looks like there will be 3-4 days of very cold weather before Thanksgiving day. Maybe we'll have some other ski hills open by then.....Anybody seeing similar forecasts?
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

AHHHH love to see the cold air come to stay
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
EastCoaster
Expert

Thats pretty far out, but NOAA is showing cold air starting to arrive at the end of this coming week- looks like Snowshoe could see snowmaking temps by Thursday or Friday night. Good news for them.

I am determined to ski Thanksgiving week.
carvebeast
Advanced

@EastCoaster 225748 wrote:

I am determined to ski Thanksgiving week.

^this. im startin' to gettin the shakes and after gettin skunked one weekend on a surf trip and missing out on my chance to surf today i just need to hang up the wetsuit, wax up the board, and get ready for snow.
skibee85
Beginner

Obviously long term forecast are suspect at best. The arctic air that was a possibility before Thanksgiving never materialized. Again, going out on a limb here, but it does look like cold air coming in for several days starting the weekend after Thanksgiving. Let's hope this blast of cold air does materialize and gives the snowmakers a chanced to perform their skills.

Have fun...
Tmiller72
Expert

Looks like a couple of nights of snowmaking, bust.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Ahhh Bopp is back with his "you tube search everything" habbits
"You mean there is Two of them??"