The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Upcoming snowfall forecast

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
wxbrad
Beginner

My thinking based on snowmelt due to warm ground temps.

WRF model thinking.

Superorb
Advanced

I hate it when the colors for the maps are such similar colors like blue/purple. At least put a color like yellow between similar colors so those that are colorblind (like myself) can actually read the damm thing.
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

which NAM model is that, looks like all models are predicting different amounts. Most I have seen is 4"
wxbrad
Beginner

@SteepNdeep 224245 wrote:which NAM model is that, looks like all models are predicting different amounts. Most I have seen is 4"

Thats the WRF model is a much higher resolution mesoscale model that usually does a better job on the localized high amounts. It takes into terrain effects pretty well.
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

Mt LeConte had 40-60 inches of snow on the ground most of the winter last year.
admin

which NAM model is that, looks like all models are predicting different amounts. Most I have seen is 4"

Ergonomic desk chair | Ergonomic desk
admin

Stimulus check | Stimulus checks