The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

So I'm coming to terms with the fact that its never gonna snow

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Tmiller72
Expert

@bjc1981 265641 wrote:Regardless of the weather, I am not going to be able to ski much this season due to my wedding in April.

That's one short leash.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
scotus
Intermediate

@Tmiller72 265798 wrote:That's one short leash.

And it is unlikely to get longer. You might as well sell your ski stuff. :(
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

With weather like this I can't even justify the gas to get up there. Darn this stinks
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
skipanther
Advanced

Here's hoping the rest of the Winter is equally as cold as December was warm,equally colder than average til late March!
Kelly K
Beginner

gonna post this here too-its looking up for WV...

Sun, Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 AM EST

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW

* ACCUMULATIONS... 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN TONIGHT AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY AS MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO MONDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO REDUCED VISIBILITY AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.

* WINDS... WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... AROUND 30 TONIGHT... WITH TEMPERATURES FALLING TO THE TEENS BY TUESDAY.

* VISIBILITIES... LESS THAN 1 MILE IN HEAVIER SNOW BANDS AND AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW.

* RATIOS... SNOW WILL BE WET AND HEAVY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STORM WITH TEMPERATURES CLOSE TO FREEZING... BUT THE SNOW WILL BECOME MORE LIGHT AND POWDERY AS TEMPERATURES DECREASE.
swamphox
Expert

is that for the whole state? good news for winterplace

@Kelly K. 266838 wrote:gonna post this here too-its looking up for WV...

Sun, Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 AM EST

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW

* ACCUMULATIONS... 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN TONIGHT AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY AS MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO MONDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO REDUCED VISIBILITY AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.

* WINDS... WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... AROUND 30 TONIGHT... WITH TEMPERATURES FALLING TO THE TEENS BY TUESDAY.

* VISIBILITIES... LESS THAN 1 MILE IN HEAVIER SNOW BANDS AND AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW.

* RATIOS... SNOW WILL BE WET AND HEAVY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STORM WITH TEMPERATURES CLOSE TO FREEZING... BUT THE SNOW WILL BECOME MORE LIGHT AND POWDERY AS TEMPERATURES DECREASE.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
Kelly K
Beginner

its what came up when I searched for the Davis,WV forecast so probably not.
Ludovic
Beginner

Ohhhhh... wow... that hurt!

There's Canaan Valley & then: there's the rest of the weather like: Wintergreen etc...:)
Kelly K
Beginner

it has started!

from the looks of the TL web cam it is coming down pretty good right now!
Bronco
Expert

It sure is looking very UGLY out west. Here's a map to show the ugliness. Hopefully the day 10 insights come to fruition.AK storms-OR/Nrn CA-UT-Nrn CO Rockies. My trip is getting closer.

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/snotelanom/basinswe.html