The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

So I'm coming to terms with the fact that its never gonna snow

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
TannerP
Expert

The outlook is so terrible this year. I can remember years like this, meh.......
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Stratospheric warming.
WOOOOOO!

scuba skier
Intermediate

Al Gore was right. LOL
dreamnofpow
Expert

This time last year it was dumpage all around.
time2323
Beginner

Im pretty sure I was at Cat on the 16th last year, a day or two after they got almost 2 feet.

It was terrible.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

@time2323 264646 wrote:Im pretty sure I was at Cat on the 16th last year, a day or two after they got almost 2 feet.

It was terrible.

Was there a big storm before Christmas last year? I thought the "big" storm started Christmas day and continued through the day after Christmas.

This was the carnage a couple days after Christmas at a cabin we went to near Gatlinburg:

dreamnofpow
Expert

Droogie
Advanced

Disaster season in the making. That is all.
EastCoaster
Expert

It's Dec 14.

It could be a terrible season. Entirely possible.

Or the pattern could change in mid-January and it dumps for two months straight.

Go home for Christmas, drink a bunch of egg nog, spend time with your family, get wasted for New Years, hope it turns around in January.

Thats what I'm doing, anyway :D
SkiCop
Expert

I'm hoping that we don't get the usual mid-January thaw.