The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Good news next week if you like Blizzards

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
marzski
Advanced

8 inches at Mnut according to their website. Saw a snowy ski photo from yesterday on DCSki. VA DOT map shows a mess (purple) around DC, blue north of Charlottesville and Richmond but clear by Danville.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
ThinkSnow
Beginner

No blizzard, just a thunderstorm that went from pouring rain to puking snow in front your eyes. In Arlington, VA. only 7in of snow, but it fell it 4hrs and equaled 1.55in liquid! It was like cement. Power and heat went off line around 11pm on Wednesday and was out for 48hrs. Transformers were popping and the clouds would light up blue. It was sureal. The crew fixing our lines came all the way from Rocky Mount, NC. Glad to be back on the grid, it was a long, cold dark couple of days!
marzski
Advanced

@ThinkSnow 238371 wrote:No blizzard, just a thunderstorm that went from pouring rain to puking snow in front your eyes. In Arlington, VA. only 7in of snow, but it fell it 4hrs and equaled 1.55in liquid! It was like cement. Power and heat went off line around 11pm on Wednesday and was out for 48hrs. Transformers were popping and the clouds would light up blue. It was sureal. The crew fixing our lines came all the way from Rocky Mount, NC. Glad to be back on the grid, it was a long, cold dark couple of days!

Wow! :eek:
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Bronco
Expert

@GrizzlyEnton 237609 wrote:well if it's gonna be that warm this weekend i think it's time to get out the Washington Wizards MJ jersey.

Told you.:D Aren't you glad I gave you the heads up so you could wear your Steeze?;)
Bronco
Expert

@skia4life89 237595 wrote:i believe ray is far more accurate for the mtns..

http://averyweather.com/Forecast/Beech+Mountain

Mang, he certainly did nail that forecast?:rolleyes:
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

@Bronco Boarder 238378 wrote:Told you.:D Aren't you glad I gave you the heads up so you could wear your Steeze?;)

Absolutely nothing like breaking out the washed up Air Jordan steez
VikingImpact
Beginner

I feel bad for all of those people going to the Superbowl... Well that's cause Greenbay Packers are cheaters and the Falcons should have gotten the ticket to go there.
time2323
Beginner

Huh?
Bronco
Expert

Como?
jamsandwich
Expert

nfc south'd.