The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Good news next week if you like Blizzards

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Bronco
Expert

@skia4life89 237593 wrote:where in the world you looking at? high at beech saturday is 32.

NWS.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 3&site=GSP
skia4life89
Intermediate

i believe ray is far more accurate for the mtns..

http://averyweather.com/Forecast/Beech+Mountain
Bronco
Expert

True true. Only thing is the NAO is not negative and we don't have the Big northern block at this time. The disturbances that he talks about coming across the Great Lakes will stay well north and so will the colder air mass, IMO. I just don't think it's going to be as cold, through the week, as he forecast because the Upper Level Low he mentions is shifting West further than anyone had anticipated.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

well if it's gonna be that warm this weekend i think it's time to get out the Washington Wizards MJ jersey.
EastCoaster
Expert

Nuking
EastCoaster
Expert

so many sirens right now, its insane
marzski
Advanced

1.5 inch per hour at Massanutten. Forecast 5-9 inches. Wish I could drive somewhere on Thu, but have family coming in from out of state to visit. :rolleyes:
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
jamsandwich
Expert

it snowed a little bit at my house. damn wind is back though. and the fog. blhaahhshhshahhh
EastCoaster
Expert

Spent 1.5 hours pushing out cars and helping dig out a city bus. Immobile traffic on many of the main roads, many people spending hours stuck in their cars right now. Legitimate disaster at the moment in DC and surrounding areas.
dreamnofpow
Expert

If only they would have payed attention to technology in Obama's speech last night.