The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Good news next week if you like Blizzards

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Bronco
Expert

@EastCoaster 237144 wrote:Yeah, this might be a system where no one figures it out until the day before or until precip starts to show up on radar. No one is rooting for big snow in NC more than me, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

This seems to be the consensus at the moment. You think it might be because of corrupted/missing data from the obs.
Tmiller72
Expert

@EastCoaster 237144 wrote:Yeah, this might be a system where no one figures it out until the day before or until precip starts to show up on radar. No one is rooting for big snow in NC more than me, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I never get my hopes up for these type of storms. They usually disappoint and it doesn't take much of a track change to do that. I expect a bust this time.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
jamsandwich
Expert

lol. whats that kid in blowing rock think?

L'Heureux's Weather: REPEAT: The system is taking the "scenic route" through the SE, passing into the Gulf of Mexico before tracking slightly inland of the east coast. This has changed things somewhat. The event will start Tuesday around noon as rain before changing over to snow Tuesday night. With the very heavy moisture flow coming Wedne...sday morning (a very HEAVY burst of snow), I am still going with 7-9" for the first event.
EastCoaster
Expert

This storm is going to surprise a lot of people in DC. The newscaster met guys have been playing it safe, but they are going to have to change their tune this evening.
ThinkSnow
Beginner

@EastCoaster 237478 wrote:This storm is going to surprise a lot of people in DC. The newscaster met guys have been playing it safe, but they are going to have to change their tune this evening.

10% chance of a foot in DC. We are finally going to get at least something out a storm this season besides a dusting!

marzski
Advanced

Snow depth keeps going up for Mnut. Latest is 4-8 inches for Wed. Wonder if Wintergreen will get it too?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
jamsandwich
Expert

good news this week if you like rain and heavy wet snow!
Bronco
Expert

@jamsandwich 237553 wrote:good news this week if you like rain and heavy wet snow!

I know TD is smiling.:D
Bronco
Expert

I liked the forecast for Beech from last night. 8 straight days of snow and never getting over high 30's. Now this morning, it's gone back to sun and clouds with Saturday's high of almost 50. Get the shorts and hawaiian shirts out, boys.
skia4life89
Intermediate

@Bronco Boarder 237579 wrote:I liked the forecast for Beech from last night. 8 straight days of snow and never getting over high 30's. Now this morning, it's gone back to sun and clouds with Saturday's high of almost 50. Get the shorts and hawaiian shirts out, boys.

where in the world you looking at? high at beech saturday is 32.