The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Does anyone want to donate some skis?!?

A Forum for buying, selling and swapping gear. NOTICE-HEAVILY MODERATED FOR SKI/BOARDING RELATED GEAR ONLY. Spammers don't bother and no garage sale crud
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

Does anyone have any used skis/boots they want to get rid of or let go at a fairly cheap price? My boyfriend loves skiing and is getting really into it now that winter is coming, and I want to get him some skis to use this season. Since we are student teachers, we do not have lots of money to put into skis, so I figured I would give it a shot on here and see if anyone had anything they just want to get out of the way! Thank you so much, I have an awesome box of ski goodies (gloves, goggles, face masks, toboggans, etc., to send to anyone who wants to help him out!
skipink
Expert

Hey Nic, what size boots?
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

probably around 10-11 or so.
skipink
Expert

Sorry. Bultaco is only 8 1/2 to 9 shoe.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

ah that is okay, thank you anyway - you are awesome!!!
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Nicole, let me get back to Sherrills Ford and I will see what size boots I have extra. I got some from Yard sale a few years back. Lemme see what size these are. My kids all wear size 13 men's now. Good for me be cause I now have 4 pair that fit me and them. If I still have them you are welcome to them. I also may have some snow skis that would work.... I went on a craiglist spree getting good geer cheap. I know we can't use them all be cause they are mounted with bindings for those shorter boot sole lengths . Check with me Sunday.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

what size ski are you looking for? I have a pair of rossi Z5s that are 170 I might be able to part with. PM me if you want to talk about. Likely the bindings would need to be adjusted.
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

@2slikstix 294037 wrote:Nicole, let me get back to Sherrills Ford and I will see what size boots I have extra. I got some from Yard sale a few years back. Lemme see what size these are. My kids all wear size 13 men's now. Good for me be cause I now have 4 pair that fit me and them. If I still have them you are welcome to them. I also may have some snow skis that would work.... I went on a craiglist spree getting good geer cheap. I know we can't use them all be cause they are mounted with bindings for those shorter boot sole lengths . Check with me Sunday.

thank you so, so, so much!!!
NCSkiFanatic15
Advanced

@OhDrinkBoy 294049 wrote:what size ski are you looking for? I have a pair of rossi Z5s that are 170 I might be able to part with. PM me if you want to talk about. Likely the bindings would need to be adjusted.

pm sent!