The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

FS: Smith I/O Goggles- Black Foundation

A Forum for buying, selling and swapping gear. NOTICE-HEAVILY MODERATED FOR SKI/BOARDING RELATED GEAR ONLY. Spammers don't bother and no garage sale crud
CJO
Beginner

@SkiCop 241302 wrote:IF SAC was moving them at $60, wholesale would have to be less than that.

Nope. SAC clears things out for various prices. You can't tell me that the offers they sometimes have at 97% off are still above wholesale. The discount they have is based on their inventory.

Promotive gives about wholesale prices to pros (straight from manufacturers) and they are over $100 there.

Anyway, these are sold. Guess we can start talking about something else :)

CJ
SkiCop
Expert

What's the next item that you are going to buy and pay double what everyone pays for it? Let's talk about that.

You think SAC sells current, new inventory for less than wholesale during ski season just because they have a large inventory? Hahahaha. Last year's models that they got from the distributor for pennies on the dollar, yes.
Brewskis
Beginner

@SkiCop 241360 wrote:What's the next item that you are going to buy and pay double what everyone pays for it?

lol
CJO
Beginner

@SkiCop 241360 wrote:What's the next item that you are going to buy and pay double what everyone pays for it? Let's talk about that.

I'm about done with buying things for the season. I like to buy top-of-the-line stuff, but normally don't pay top dollar or even close. I shop SAC, ebay, Craigslist, etc. for most of my gear...

Also, I wasn't entirely truthful for this thread. I actually bought these off of ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0501130753

The guy sold them as I/OS goggles rather than the I/O goggles and they are too big for me. I told them I would try to resell them instead of sending them back to him for a refund so that he didn't have to eat the extra shipping costs. For my stuff, I always take the time get everything 100% correct.

This time, since I was just doing it to help him out, instead of taking the time to write the original post, I just copied his auction. I actually paid $96 plus shipping for them and sold them for $105 (including shipping), which is about break-even. He is reimbursing me for any differences in what I paid and for what I sold them.

I almost wish I had posted this thread like I normally do. However, it was interesting to see the response I got. What does it matter to anyone else what I paid for something or what someone else is willing to pay? If you don't think it's worthwhile, that's fine, I'm not telling you that you have to buy them... You sure you don't want to change your name to ThreadCop?

CJ
mmmtaters
Advanced

He's just raggin' a little, C... no ill will intended I'm sure.

$96 is a pretty good price for I/Os for sure. I'm going to beat everybody's price when Enton passes out this weekend though...
SkiCop
Expert

I don't care how you spend your money, but since you just admitted to lying about the item you were trying to sell, you just outted yourself as an untrustworthy seller.
CJO
Beginner

@SkiCop 241416 wrote:I don't care how you spend your money, but since you just admitted to lying about the item you were trying to sell, you just outted yourself as an untrustworthy seller.

I also told you the reason why. If you took the time to notice, I actually described the goggles more realistically than the person who sold them to me. I'm not sure if you can see the bid results or not, but if you can, you can see that I have over 1,000 transactions on ebay and 100% rating. This list is also local, so you can pick whatever I sell in person and decide for yourself whether I'm truthful or not.

CJ
SkiCop
Expert

Thanks for explaining that for me.
Josh
Expert

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today...
carvebeast
Advanced