The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Skipink’s Cataloochee Trip 12-17-2022

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skipink
Expert

What a day! First time to Cat in several years and it was really fun. We had rock star parking and was on the snow at rope drop. Sad that only the lower mountain was open but Rock Island opened later in the morning. Rumors are that the top will be open tomorrow! The guns were on in the morning, a necessary evil but temps warmed up later to a beautiful day. The snow was really good, a little sticky at first but smoothed out quickly. Thanks to Chris Bates and the Cat staff for a wonderful time.

"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
davidski
Expert

Awesome! I hope to get in a half day when visiting family after Christmas., snow making temps looking good. I hope this doesn't mean your loyalty to Beech is waning?

BTW I just returned from one of my best weeks ever skiing areas in the lower part of Idaho on the Indy Pass --and one day at Sun Valley.

Want to make turns with you this year!
skipink
Expert

Just up for a weekend family visit to celebrate my mom’s 90th birthday. Let me know if you are coming to Beech. We have an Utah trip planned in January. 😜
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."