The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wed, Dec 2 at Cataloochee

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
dj
Advanced

Not sure if the link to a video on Google Photos will work, so this is kinda a test post.

Cataloochee was good, but not great Wednesday (Dec. 2) afternoon. Parts of Upper O and Lower O were pretty nice powder, or as close as we get, but Rock Island was a bumpy, icy mess. There were fist sized chunks on skiers right for a couple of hundred feet that rattled my teeth the only time I ventured into them. All in all, a good day since I was on the snow, but I've had way better at Cataloochee.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8jb1gbc6mQEJqR4j6
marzski
Advanced

Video worked for me. Thanks for sharing!

Looked like a pretty day. Snow looked . . . not so pretty. But it will get better soon. Dec. 2 is pretty early in the season.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
dj
Advanced

This morning was much better. The grooming was very good this morning. Rock Island did get icey after a few hours, but that is the time of year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk