The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Finally got out to Mass!

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
David H
Beginner

Finally got out to Mass! Saturday morning was a bit chunky...probably due to Friday's rain. Loosened up and was good to go. Sunday was perfect. Nice bright sunny semi warm weekend.

One of my usual crew:

Brought a couple friends with us:

Crash replacement?:
dj
Advanced

Looks like pretty good Spring skiing.

How'd you crack the helmet? Land on the back of your head? [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

David H
Beginner

Yep. Got some time to myself from the group so tried to push my speed a bit. Let my skis get too far in front and lost control.
dj
Advanced

Ouch! I've had a couple of those this season. Still have sore ribs from a crash at Loveland 3 weeks ago. Made a turn onto a slope I hadn't checked out and found myself in a mogul field at 30 MPH :o
davidski
Expert

Damn--- did you hit something or just falling impact? They say the plastic degrades. Anyway looks like it did it's job, helmets are expendable, heads, not so much.

By the way when the top is open Mass is pretty great I think, a high speed would be cool

(dj like the colorado avatar)
David H
Beginner

Just falling impact. Second weekend using that helmet. Have a 40% off crash replacement discount but of course Bern is sold out at this time in the season. Assume the discount is good long term.

Ya, the quad no. 6 lift to Para Dice/Diamond Jim does take a while to get up there. Like mentioned in the other thread, Mass does have nice compact assortment of everything...especially for kids. The orange skills area even got me in there trying jumps off the edges of the lips. The table top near the bottom was fun enough for me to get a bit of air and fun for the kids. The little moguls at the bottom of the skills area are fun. Actually moguls everywhere. (Need to practice more for those) What is missing in size; makes up in a little bit of everything.

The downhill bike trails were also distracting me on every lift ride. ;) Summer trips all ready planned!