The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Appalachian 3-3 and 3-4 the opposite of "you shoulda been here yesterday"

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
swamphox
Expert

You know the phrase "You shoulda been here yesterday"? Well the yesterday was 3-3. Half of app open and pretty windy. 3-4 was fantastically beautiful, the mountain was open to the top and all was right with the world.

3-3 pics
AJ and I did what you can always do when conditions are bad. Hung out in the terrain park and/or played GNAR.

Here's AJ doing a "Call your mom" 500 GNAR Points

After a few hours of GNAR he go tired. We'd played in the pool for a couple hours that morning so it quickly became snow fort time.

3-4 in all it's glory

Here's an Aiden eye view vid of the days fun. We still did some park stuff. You can watch me almost eat it at 0:40. Hes fond of the flat box and kickers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox-ELVxLgZQ

May I sing never ending praise unto their snowmaking crew for their efforts in the aftermatch of 2 weeks of rainy blowtorch conditions

Patrollers training. This was cool to watch.

Views from the top

Very good chance thats it for this year. I hope to see you all again same place same time. God bless you all. Thank you and good night:)
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
brigand
Beginner

My daughter is in one of your pictures :)
swamphox
Expert

Cool. I hope we didnt bother you with our goofiness

Skiing is always great, and a bad day of skiing is better than a great day at work but GNAR makes bad conditions or limited run days a lot more fun.

I am assuming you were in the pic where he was doing the "call your mom"?
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3