The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wisp Resort 1/7/18

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

I know many of you do not make it that far north to visit Wisp. Here's a quick TR of the northern most ski resort in the Ski Southeast Collection.

We took to the hills of Wisp on Sunday. A cold start of "zero" at 9 AM but no wind and the bluebird skies warmed up to the mid - upper teens by the afternoon. I like Wisp. It was the first place / time I ever skied when I was a Freshman at WVU.

Conditions were groomed packed powder. Crowds were light as we mostly skied up to every lift. I think 32 of 34 trails were open. Base looked solid and we tried to ski just about every area of the mountain.

Below are a few misc pics from our day but the real treat is this KICK @$$ VIDEO my buddy compiled last night.

http://go2snowshoe.com/blog-post/wisp-resort-1-7-18/

We're having a lot of fun this year documenting our ski travels with some of his really cool gadgets.

Top of Squirrel Cage

Base of Wisp Looking Up

Lift View

Ski Track Stats
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Excellent video.
WOOOOOO!

SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Yeah - that may be one of the best ..... so far.

Thanks for the props on the front page!
Kelly K
Beginner

Great Pics! I loved your video in the morning update. I want to really encourage people to get out of their routines and go to Wisp (along with the CV/TL areas). Its a fun spot and its one of the biggest resorts as far as skiing acres. I really enjoyed my day up there. Wisp is a real easy trip from CV area and if I can drive all the way from Nashville there is no excuse for the rest of you! A couple years ago I spent a few days at CV/TL and then made a day trip from there up to Wisp. The reports from here encouraged me first to go beyond my usual SS and hit CV/TL and then the next trip I added Wisp. So glad I did.
davidski
Expert

Wisp really is worth a trip if you are in the upper WV area already, when I'm in the Davis area I can make it a daytrip during long weekends there. Squirrel cage is something! (and the trees to the right) Loved your video too.

Wisp does not have a lot of vert, but it has wide varied trails all around it's mountain that let you connect a lot of ways down on real runs and not just on BS little named connector trails.

Nice update, I have to get back.... Have you ever skied devil's drop on a day with fresh snow? that's a good run