The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wintergreen 12/28/2017

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
ski4me
Beginner

I visited Wintergreen yesterday (Dec 28, 2017). Since they weren't fully open, I decided to try snowboarding for the first time. Arrived around 9:30, and spent most of the morning on the Potato Patch, falling on my butt. (snowboarding was harder than I thought it would be, lol) Snow was good, plenty of coverage side to side. It was sunny, and temps were in the 20's I think, but falling down and getting up was a lot of work, so I was pretty warm. Crowds weren't too bad, considering its Christmas/New Year's week.

Around 4, I decided to get in a few runs on my skis. It was a bit icy on Tyro and Sunrise, but other than that conditions were really good. There was plenty of snow on trails that were open. They were making snow on the lower section of Tyro, and the Upper/Lower Diamond during the day, but not on anything that was open. I didn't make it to the Highlands in time, so I'm not sure what it was like over there.

So yeah, really good day overall. I definitely want to try snowboarding again, but it was good to get back on the skis too. Pictures below:
1228171042.jpg
1228171438_HDR.jpg
1228171542.jpg
1228171645.jpg
1228171707.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.