The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe Opening Weekend 2017

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Ok, I was there but a nasty cold kept me off the slopes til Sunday. The 'shoe did a great job prepping the trails with abundant coverage. The decisions to delay opening from Wed to Fri and open with 3 top-to-bottom runs (instead of 2) really helped keep the snow quality & coverage. The crowds were non-existent each day by all reports. Sunday I skied up to the chairs...max wait was 3 deep. A friend met me for rope drop, early laps and practicing his videography skills.

Fortunately the temps cooperated Sat eve to allow snowmaking and grooming for a fresh carpet....
20171126_082330(1).jpg
20171126_090156.jpg
You can see snowmaking on closed trails in the background here
20171126_090133.jpg
The progression terrain park was one of the 3 runs open....with features (I think that's what they call those contraptions). Made for fun cruising and the low traffic was good for practicing video shots.

TP Cruiser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidski
Expert

Awesome, let the trees fill in
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Snowshoe has said they are testing new snow guns for a large upgrade next season. I noticed several new guns mounted in close proximity to each-other on upper Heisler Way. Could be a comparative test.

New Guns?