The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

BC/Vail/Denver Feb 11-26th

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Kelly K
Beginner

No Adenosine, but if they said they were giving me that I would already know what to expect from my EGK. I have seen it given and always thought it was really cool to watch (I might feel differently on the receiving end though). For that those that don't what what Adenosine does...well, it will flat line you for a brief amount of the time.

They gave me me a few rounds of Amiodarone as I would bounce from A Fib to SVT coupled with my really high heart and BP. I and my doctors believe all all these arrhythmias were the result of all the drugs they had to pump in me to keep me under. Since discharge I have stayed in sinus rhythm and have also been taken off the Amiodarone.
davidski
Expert

Kelly I just saw this and am really sorry -- somehow it seems even worse that this happened during a trip I know you were looking forward to but of course its a terrible course of events where ever and whenever. Is this now something you have to worry about recurring? I hope not. Good luck and stay well
RMacSki
Advanced

I didn't realize you were also here in Nashville. You are in good hands with Vanderbilt, albeit expensive ones. Hopefully your care is all considered in network... though I'm sure many of the physicians that spoke with you will not be. Be sure to get in touch with your insurance and the HR contact of whomever your insurance is through. The insurance carrier will assign you a case manager to help you with continuity of care and handling the administrative tasks. Your HR contact can help you with programs available to help with your situation such as second opinions and health advocacy.

I hope you get resolution and a good prognosis. Good vibes and prayers your way.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
Kelly K
Beginner

I am back!

After being off from work for 6 months I finally was able to return to work. The short version is I am still on a lot of meds but doing much much better. I do have a surgery coming up in a month to repair damage that was done to my vocal chords from having that tube shoved down my throat several times. My voice is only at about 50% of what it should be. I was able to go back to work in August after working with a Physical Therapist for several months 3x a week. The first 3 months she had to come out to my house since I was not even allowed to drive until June. If any of you want more details about the medical side of this crazy thing feel free to ask. It was pretty involved so I will spare you the 10,000 word post on it unless you are just dying to know what really happened. It was, and is, a long ongoing every evolving process but I am 95% of the way there.

Having said all that, right before I got out of the hospital the staff asked my wife what I loved to. She told them travel (and ski). They told her to have me plan a big trip to help motivate me for what they knew would be a very long healing process. I have always wanted to visit the Far East so this February instead of going to ski we are going to visit Singapore and Thailand for 2+ weeks, most of that will be Thailand. We kind of busted the budget on that so no ski trip this year. Business class tickets to Singapore and back are not cheap, but at least the flights to the other cities from there will be. We will be traveling to Singapore then Bangkok, Chiang Mai and lastly a lovely island off the coast of Phuket. We will take a full day boat tour or 2 of some of the other islands like Phi Phi, Maya Bay and maybe Koh Poda. Phi Phi is where the movie "The Beach" was filmed.

I will check in here from time to time to check on you guys and to keep up with the latest skiing news. I wish you tons of powder this year. I will certainly miss the mountains and skiing but I will be back next year! Thailand has some nice mountains too but no skiing. My Thai friend here in Nashville says they have only 2 seasons there, the hot season and the really freaking hot season.
Kelly K
Beginner

RMacSki wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:07 pm I didn't realize you were also here in Nashville. You are in good hands with Vanderbilt, albeit expensive ones. Hopefully your care is all considered in network... though I'm sure many of the physicians that spoke with you will not be. Be sure to get in touch with your insurance and the HR contact of whomever your insurance is through. The insurance carrier will assign you a case manager to help you with continuity of care and handling the administrative tasks. Your HR contact can help you with programs available to help with your situation such as second opinions and health advocacy.

I hope you get resolution and a good prognosis. Good vibes and prayers your way.

I am one of the few natives left in Nashville.
I was very lucky/blessed as this was covered by my employer as a work related injury. Even if not, my out of pocket max is really low. We have great insurance and BCBS of TN would have considered anything out of state to be in network for a life threatening emergency like this.