The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2017 SkiSE Summit Trip Report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
clemsonkeri
Beginner

It was another great year at Snowshoe for the summit! Captain, Pink, ODB, MCK and I drove up from Charlotte Friday morning. It was already snowing off and on before we got to the West Virginia border. We definitely took that as a good sign! We hooked up with Bazinga & his wife in Marlinton and were on the snow by 2pm.

The mountain was in great shape. 4 inches of snow had fallen overnight and it was still snowing off and on (pretty heavily at times). It’s amazing how different it looked from the webcams on Wednesday! Anyways, we hooked up with Kenny for a while and then we were off to Silver Creek for the night. It was fantastic. The lines were non-existent and lots of laps were made. We hooked back up with Kenny, Mike (and his crew), Davidski and a few others. A great time was had by all (minus the double ejection tumbles, but I’ll let them tell their stories if they want to). We called it a day around 8, went to dinner and then the hot tub to round out the night.

Saturday we met up in the village for the live broadcast and then we were off again. 7 total inches fell Thursday through Friday afternoon, so the conditions were great. It was a beautiful (but cold) bluebird day. We lapped around Ballhooter & Soaring Eagle for a bit before heading to the Western Territory. Unfortunately Upper & Lower Shays were casualties of the warm weather/thunderstorms earlier in the week. Cupp was very busy and pretty chopped up, so we headed to Silver Creek for the rest of the afternoon. It was EMPTY. We made a few laps at Cascade and then headed over to Flying Eagle. We lapped Bear Claw and Flying Eagle until 3 and then it was time for the hot tub before meeting up at Hoots. It was great to see lots of new and old faces at the party! Thanks to Mike for all the SkiSE swag and for putting together the event.

Sunday morning was one of the best perks of the trip, First Tracks at the Top of the World. Widowmaker was closed for Ski Racing, but Camp 99 and Sawmill were FAST and fun! Several members of our crew, myself included, set personal speed records! Getting 8+ laps in before rope drop is always a treat. We hung around for another lap or two after rope drop and then headed back to Ballhooter/Grabhammer/Skip Jack until our legs were giving out and we headed home. What a great trip, I’m already looking forward to next year!

Anyways, pics or it didn’t happen:

ClemsonKeri, SkiPink, MCK, & ODB

Lines weren’t too bad on Friday

ClemsonKeri, MCK, Kenny

Bazinga & MCK

CK, Pink, & JeffryC aka the Captain!

Pink & Steve

Hot tub time!

Mike & the table of swag

And of course I had to post proof of my new top speed! :D

Everyone else, feel free to post all of your pictures from the weekend here!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Good times! I put a gallery up on the site as well. Too many pics to post here.

http://www.skisoutheast.com/2017-ski-so ... o-gallery/
WOOOOOO!

jeffryc
Expert

Great trip report! Amazing lap time!
dreamnofpow
Expert

Looks like a good trip SE peeps. Meanwhile a couple SCer's are ripping it up in Jackson Hole with five days of snow.
winter
Beginner

Wow, looks like you guys had great conditions and an even better turnout! Sorry I missed it again, hope to make it next year.
swamphox
Expert

SIck
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
RMacSki
Advanced

awesome stuff. good conditions.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.