The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech 12-10-16

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

It was a good day. Only Shawneehaw was open at the top but the snow was nice and dry and chalky. The first run was pretty sweet as there was a bunch of ungroomed, loose snow that you could spray. Managed to get a few white rooms.

There were no lift lines all day. I can't remember the last time I went to Beech and had that happen. It was awesome but my legs aren't quite in shape for so many hot laps, especially since Upper Shawneehaw got chewed up and bumpy.

The new terrain park is fantastic and will help dramatically during the busy weekends this year. Over the last couple of seasons Powderbowl was a freaking zoo, with all kinds of noobs charging through the park without looking around at other people and getting absolutely destroyed on jumps/features. It was incredibly dangerous, so this new separated area is very much welcomed. You can't even get in there without unstrapping and walking up, which naturally deters a lot of people. The tow rope is great and you can get in so many laps in the park. The only downfall is I don't think it's steep enough and/or long enough for a good jump, but jibbers are going to love it over there.

The guns were going full blast today and I got caked in a layer of ice. I had to de-ice my goggles every lift ride up. It is what it is. I was getting closer to the guns than most people though as that's where a bunch of loose, fresh snow was so this wasn't the norm.

See ya next weekend Beech.

WOOOOOO!

davidski
Expert

you really should replace that helmet, pretty major cracks in its outer shell

kendog that picture is insane
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Have they started to make snow on Robbins Run yet? I cannot understand how they do not have more open terrain? Sugar's top to bottom run has to be at least 1.5 times longer, they appear to have less snowguns, and lower elevation yet they open terrain faster.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wanakenatransplant wrote:Have they started to make snow on Robbins Run yet? I cannot understand how they do not have more open terrain? Sugar's top to bottom run has to be at least 1.5 times longer, they appear to have less snowguns, and lower elevation yet they open terrain faster.
Not as of yesterday they had not. Just looked like blow over snow on it.
WOOOOOO!

Aasnider
Beginner

Looks like y'all had a good day up at Beech! I'm thinking I'll head that way next time I get up there. Did they seem to have pleanty of water at Beech? Word was Sugar was running out.