The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cataloochee - Can-U-Ski Food and Coat Drive (4 Dec)

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
dwhicks10
Beginner
Tagline: "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way … turn."

Not much of a reason to give this Trip Report, but I'll do it anyway. Cat's Can & Coat drive was not quite what it was last year. The rain, as well as the limited terrain kept the crowds at bay. We were there from about 9:30am until 1:30pm and never had a lift line longer than one or two people. Lower Omigosh and Easy Way/Rabbit were the only trails available. If you look at Cat's webcam, it doesn't look much different today than it did on Sunday.

Have to give props to Cat though. They managed to produce and keep enough snow to remain open when most others didn't come close. I understand why they've won the Best of Western North Carolina Award three years running! Good job giving us something, even when the weather tried to stop you!

I was a little surprised Cat didn't change the date of the C&C Drive due to the weather. I'm sure the donations didn't come close to matching what they received last year.

I do not have a photo for this TR. As I sad, just look at their webcam and you'll see pretty much the same conditions we had on Sunday.

On a brighter note; the first official weather report from BP sound great!
David Hicks
Graphic Designer
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Twice I road the lift last weekend at Snowshoe with people from Atlanta area that had intended to hit App but decided to press on to SS. Some of them are on tis board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk