The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Another video trip report!!! Stairs gulch from March

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiing rules
Expert

Skiatlanta and I got on stairs gulch last March. There are a number of pics in my photo TR posted here. Here is a vid Logan made from the day. He doesn't post here he ca t remember his password so I'm posting for him.

Stairs might be the biggest line I have ever skied. Not the steepest, or most visually stunning, but all things considered like the massive fall line vertical drop, location, exposure and Avalanche hazard (some years it's never really skiable. Maybe in April or May),it's classic status, and the impeccable quality of the skiing once you get into it all make it in my mind my biggest descent. It's around 4900' vertical from the top to the road. We skied about 4500' of the drop. We had to down climb when we ran out of snow. Here it is!

We were surprised to see tracks in the line when we got to the top, but were somewhat relieved that it had been skied with no avvy response. It turns out the party that skied it was Caroline gleich the day before. She lost her step brother in a large slide in stairs gulch years ago and had never skied it. Would've been nice to get it untracked though, by that might be too selfish :D

Old Fart
Beginner

Well done. You all make me want to go skiing, but I've got an appointment with the Sinks tonight. Lol, yellow snow at 7:12.
SalisburySkier
Beginner

So much win in your trip reports. Old fart, how the heck did you catch that? LOL
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Nice run.....good variety of terrain to keep it interesting. Thanks for posting!