The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Jackson Hole - (Corbet's Crash video ITT) 3/5 - 3-11/16

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
RMacSki
Advanced

I had a week in Jackson Hole a few weeks ago. I've had a birthday since and it seems in my "older" age that I've become lazy about posting any pictures or doing any work to the GoPro footage.

What I have done is upload my attempt at dropping into Corbet's Couloir. It's raw footage with a little slow down and speed up editing - nothing special.

I've got loads of pics to upload as well, but I still need to do that for my Park City trip as well.

The mountain needed a little snow - and we got some about halfway through the week - but it was spring skiing to the T the week I was there. 40 degrees and slush at the base. Ice in the mornings and the perfect window of softened snow at the top during mid day.

This jump into Corbet's was the only day it was technically open or skiiable according to locals. You can see an exposed rock in the landing, that apparently only locals knew how to navigate. I got all the advice I could get, took a few swigs of my Crown flask and went for it...

https://vimeo.com/160037052

My ability to self arrest without sliding down the entire thing was the most skillful thing I did all trip. The hike back up to my ski gives you an idea of the steepness of the slope. I went back to conquer the next day and it was closed again... I'll be back Mr. Corbet.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

CRAZY, JUST CRAZY !!
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
jt3
Intermediate

classic! good for you for dropping. Its intimidating the first time or two for sure!.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Failure (maybe in your eyes) in the path to future success. I give props for the drop.
MSDOG
Expert

Went to the edge the first time in JH in the late 80's but chickened out. Never went back in about 20 years of skiing there. Too old now and not sure the bionic knee would hold up. One of the bucket list things that ain't gonna happen. You got some brass ones for going for it. Congrats.
skiing rules
Expert

Nice job! Looks like you got backseat at the initial drop and that shut you down. I've never been up to Jackson. Not sure that I would go for it or not haha! Good self arrest
Ski Bunny
Advanced

All I can say is WOW!
swamphox
Expert

Glad you didnt mangle yourself. Self arresting is a skill everyone should have.

Looks like a good time other than that.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
RMacSki
Advanced

Thanks for the cheers everyone! It was thrilling and fulfilling to try to say the least.
skiing rules wrote:Nice job! Looks like you got backseat at the initial drop and that shut you down. I've never been up to Jackson. Not sure that I would go for it or not haha! Good self arrest
definitely backseat. knew I was done for the moment I went airborne. Didn't quite get the umph I needed to stay over my skis.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
Tmiller72
Expert

Fall or no fall, you did it. Congrats! When I was there 2 years ago, I stood on the edge for a min and moved on. It looked way too icy. Hopefully next time though.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2