The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Trip Report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Old Fart
Beginner

skiing rules wrote: Image
This picture is just full of badassness.
SalisburySkier
Beginner

skiing rules has made me question my decisions during/after college since the day i stumbled on this message board. everyone should spend a winter or two as a ski bum! NO exceptions! it may be good that i didn't though because i likely would have made a career out of it, but there is nothing wrong with that! like i said in another thread....come on retirement!
skiing rules
Expert

can't wait till you're old and your body is beat! Gotta do it sooner than later, but also later too.

Can't really put any price on an experience like the 2010-2011 winter living in Alta.
skiing rules
Expert

Plus, spend a winter working out there and you won't ever pay to stay in salt Lake or slope side again
SalisburySkier
Beginner

Free lodging for past employees??? Sign me up. Any 55 year old ski bums out there because that is when I plan to retire. I hope to ski well into my 80s. And don't worry...as soon as my 2 year old is on the bunny slopes SLC, will be an annual trip. I am gonna go broke buying 4 plane tickets every year. I have no trouble talking the wife into going to Utah, it's sugar mountain that is the hard sale
skiing rules
Expert

The lodges will give u small past employee discounts but from working there you make friends out there and then just stay with them.
jamsandwich
Expert

good work!