The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Canaan and Snowshoe ongoing Feb. 17 to ?

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
davidski
Expert

I post this now so people can get a sense of how things are -- it's really great right now at Canaan Valley and in Whitegrass, the snow did stop sooner and with less than predictedd but it is COLD, I'm so glad not to be dealing with thaw/refreeze BS.

Pictures are of Canaan groomers, excellent trees, mean trees that cut up my face .... and wait for it

Me skiing with chip at whitegrass! I respect that guy so much, I skinned up from the lodge with him (I skinned, he just bounced around and did random sapling/twig grooming) and then down thru trees of his choosing. that was special to me
dreamnofpow
Expert

BIG!
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

ENVIOUS !!
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
pagamony
Advanced

score !!!!!
davidski
Expert

'm leaving snowshoe w skiied rope drop to 12:30--- crazy cold but great condition. the powder is strangely dense and squeaky slow.
.patterns may set up nicely flor the summit. btw I got a few texts but some I'm not sure from who.. I often forget to enter #s in contacts... out of coverage again
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Get some!
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
davidski
Expert

so in conclusion -- I left the Canaan valley aroud one and got to snowshoe in time to check in and gear up for two ballhooter runs and then silver creek until 8:30 last night -- I loved it, wind snow refills. Anyone who goes to snowshoe and does not take advantage of night skiing at silver creek definitely should --its often cold but always great

I knew I was getting a cold and I felt a liitle grim this morning but made it out of shamrock to the trail before 9 and skied till about noon...

Notice what the snow looks like in the picture with my skis, it was really dense, about -7 at that point and the wind had drawn all the cushion out, so skiing it was strange (still great! not complaining just observing) and as I've seen before when the snow is below zero it becomes really slow... I didn't take pictures of the tundra at the top but it was too chilly.

One last thing I saw some little kids that were hero"s, last night at silver creek I saw 5 yr olds asking if they could try that again -- it was -1 and steady winds! a lesson to surly tweens everywhere

See y'all at the Summit
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Really looking forward to next weekend! conditions look fantastic.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
yardsale
Expert

davidski wrote:Image
david, i thought i should let you know you have a massive core shot in the ski on the left. i would suggest some ptex for the repair
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

That's to hold on to the chooch