The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Backyard Pest Control - Sept 24, 2009

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
jbc28
Expert

Joshua8200;187501 wrote:
Fair enough...you do know that in most cities it is illegal to shoot a firearm inside the city limits. While I don't think my neighbors would have called the police on me for shooting the animal, how many 'bubba' points would I have gained had I been ticketed for shooting a firearm inside the city limits?

Not saying that some folks wouldn't do it, I however don't need that kind of ticket on my record while I am trying to apply for graduate school scholarships and such.

Just yankin yo chain a little, but I would have still smacked it with a shovel or something.;)
teledave
Expert

Machete. Nuff said.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
OEC4
Intermediate

Then a Pressure cooker with garlic, onions, carrots, turnips, red wine, and a little flour to thicken the gravy. Side of rice and a mater. Then sit down at the Fancy Eaten Table.
TannerP
Expert

I saw a raccoon in a neighbors yard driving home last night. I had a release, bow and arrow with a small game head on it. I could have wacked him if I wanted but I would have also risked shooting an arrow into somebodies dining room.

I see ground hogs a lot up around winterplace in the offseason. They are scared of people though.
Josh
Expert

SkiCop
Expert

hnhbaxter;187496 wrote:
22LR? With all the hardware at your disposal you bust out the 22LR? I've lost a little faith in you today...

This incident was the source of PEBrad's signature on the DB. I was in a man's barn and didn't want to penetrate his ****. I always use the proper tool for the job.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Whats a DB
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
Mspugbat
Beginner

Rabies, my grandma's cat may of had it.

A couple of days ago I went to visit my grandma and she said her cat is sick. Well I took a look and it did not look good. The cat was in a neurological wreck. She was stumbling around and her eyes were going darting back and in her skull. She was also vomiting foaming liquids

When I first saw it I jumped back. Looked like rabies. I poked the cat with a broom and she stumbled out from a corner. My grandma threw a blanket over the animal and we hearded it into a carrier.

We took it to the vet and vetrinarian said there was a good chance the animal has dumb rabies. Dumb rabies makes the animal more mellow as opposed to highly aggressive. There are other causes to make an animal act like that, but this cat has not been vaccinated in 2 years and is a barn cat.

I will find out on tuesday if the cat was rabid. They put her to sleep and choped her head off.

In the same area a fox ran out of woods 15 years ago in a mad state and attacked my dogs. My dad's friend ran in between the screeching ballistic wild animal and my 2 small dogs to break it up. He got bit in the leg. My dad got his shot gun out and took the animal out. Because a normal fox would never do that in broad daylight, we had it tested. It came back positive. My dad's friend had to go through the rabies treatment.

It's very important to vaccinate your animals, you never know what could happen. My dogs were vaccinated and it saved their lives.
MikeO
Beginner

My oldest boy shot a skunk next to the house a few years ago and it let lose with every oz of stink the poor critter had. Stunk for weeks.
davidski
Expert

Keep canals clean.

Be watchful with mulch.

sound advice