The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Very Brief Whistler & Mt Baker TR

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

Very Nice. Thanks for sharin.
Think snowmaking temps.
time2323
Beginner

Nice. Will hopefully oneday see it for myself.
The Dash
Intermediate

Hope you enjoyed the snow... Whister has nothing for base. Here in washington we went from nothing to 4ft in a few days. This latest storm dumped huge on stevens and baker. Stevens has over 3ft of freshies. Its also dry super light powder like Colorado instead of the usual wet sluchy stuff.

I wont get to hit up any more skiing till after the new year because I am evidently the only manager in this damned store that can drive in snow. Had 57 call outs today because the roads had snow on them... Jesus it was only a foot or so on the roads, I dont get it.

I am hoping to God the weather tapers off some before monday night when im scheduled to fly home fro christmas. After that if anyone want to come make some Washington, or Canada turns hit me up. I have an extra room.

Hope you had a blast in my corner of the country.
skiatlanta
Advanced

@Zeus 159820 wrote:I personally love the way the architecture absolutely does not fit with anything on the mountain or in the village.

=no site context=me sad that one of the few attempts to use modern architecture at a ski resort failed miserably.

snowbird and the cliff lodge has to be my favorite of all lodges and hotels at any ski area.
SkiingGator
Beginner

Beautiful scenery up there! I have been invited with friends a few times to go there, but haven't made it yet. Def. on my to do list!