The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech Mountain - 11/8

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
jbc28
Expert

@skipanther 150574 wrote:I wouldn't ski it,too many pipes and stumps and big rocks.If all that was cleared out it would make a hell of a slope.

TD>skipanther
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

skipanther;150574 wrote:
I wouldn't ski it,too many pipes and stumps and big rocks.If all that was cleared out it would make a hell of a slope.

Just allowing one side of whoop to bump up would make for a hell of a trail - groomers can be so aggravating
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

line under the slowest lift in the world. sweet
Think snowmaking temps.
bamapilot
Expert

The yellow lift at sugar is the slowest lift in the world, we're talking about Beech here.
codyblank
Expert

in that case, that quads what sugar should put in instead of painting the slowest lift in the world.
Think snowmaking temps.
ma267
Expert

you seem to be missing the point here cody.
snowbunny2008

I have heard lots of talk about Beech this summer and I was just wondering if anyone has heard if it is true? They are moveing the Ice Skating Rink, how and where to if true? Also the talk about the tubbing run, that is awesome. Very good pic's of that. And I also think all the changes are going to be wonderful and that includes the changes inside management and the changes with the resort, Beech mountain needs a new look. I look forward to going back this season to see all the great changes. I have a great out look for this season it may start out rough but I think it is going to be great.
codyblank
Expert

@GreshamB 150260 wrote:Why dont you ask Telenutz about the line under the yellow from 3/4 to the top station at Sugar?

:)

is this the same sugar i know or one in a place far, far away?
Think snowmaking temps.
MSDOG
Expert

We skiied Beech 75,76, and 77 spring break while we were in College and its seems I remember that line being open one of those years after a storm. Of course I am in the beginning stages of Oldtimers(sp,I think its starts with an A) and I might be wrong. If I am, then ya'll can kiss my arse anyway.
skiordie
Intermediate

@snowbunny2008 151179 wrote:They are moveing the Ice Skating Rink, how and where to if true?

I have heard nothing about the ice rink moving. count on that not happening.