The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cataloochee TR - Opening Day 10/28

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Bronco
Expert

StealthBoarder;146422 wrote:
i wasn't crazy about the dips but after awhile i just jumped over them

Thanks for the NON-INVITE.:confused: So how was the new set-up? Do you feel you have better control now? If the offer still stands on your old bindings, I will take them.:)
TannerP
Expert

Awesome. Were there any jibs set up?
skiordie
Intermediate

as far as jibs, there was one set up mid way down. youll see it in my video. i just got home and im working on it now. check back later this evening.

-Blake
Josh
Expert

StealthBoarder;146422 wrote:
i wasn't crazy about the dips but after awhile i just jumped over them

hardcore
skipanther
Advanced

That's a trip w/the snow on the slopes and foilage still in the trees.
SKI2BFREE
Intermediate

MANNNNNNNNNNNN i wanna go so bad
StealthBoarder
Expert

Bronco Boarder;146435 wrote:
Thanks for the NON-INVITE.:confused: So how was the new set-up? Do you feel you have better control now? If the offer still stands on your old bindings, I will take them.:)

eh...well it was pretty last minute so I didn't think you'd be able to take off of work so soon. I actually asked off Monday at 6pm for the next day...talk about last minute. I wanted to make sure I had finished all of my application testing that day before taking the next day off.

I think the first 3 runs were the hardest for me. Everything felt different and it didn't help that I hadn't been on the snow in more than 7 months. My legs were bothering me a little bit initially since I set my stance a bit wider now but after 3 runs i started getting used to it and even today they don't hurt at all. I noticed that the bindings got a little loose so I took it down to the rental shop and tightened them back up. The guy there said thats very normal and that I may have to tighten them up one more time before the end of the day. I kept my eye on them and looks like my adjustment was good enough for the rest of the day. Getting off the lift was a big hassle every time. I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing wrong but maybe it has something to do with the stomp pad. Very different from the spikes on my other board. The snow was hard for most of the day, some parts were starting to show some ice from jibbers plowing at the bottom near the lift. After the snowmakers were on for awhile the snow started softening and thats when the board really showed how smooth it can turn. It was like butter. All I could do was smile. If it was that smooth with manmade, just think how it'll be on powder!
Bronco
Expert

StealthBoarder;146543 wrote:
eh...well it was pretty last minute so I didn't think you'd be able to take off of work so soon. I actually asked off Monday at 6pm for the next day...talk about last minute. I wanted to make sure I had finished all of my application testing that day before taking the next day off.

I think the first 3 runs were the hardest for me. Everything felt different and it didn't help that I hadn't been on the snow in more than 7 months. My legs were bothering me a little bit initially since I set my stance a bit wider now but after 3 runs i started getting used to it and even today they don't hurt at all. I noticed that the bindings got a little loose so I took it down to the rental shop and tightened them back up. The guy there said thats very normal and that I may have to tighten them up one more time before the end of the day. I kept my eye on them and looks like my adjustment was good enough for the rest of the day. Getting off the lift was a big hassle every time. I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing wrong but maybe it has something to do with the stomp pad. Very different from the spikes on my other board. The snow was hard for most of the day, some parts were starting to show some ice from jibbers plowing at the bottom near the lift. After the snowmakers were on for awhile the snow started softening and thats when the board really showed how smooth it can turn. It was like butter. All I could do was smile. If it was that smooth with manmade, just think how it'll be on powder!

If and when you do hit Pow-Pow, make sure you set the bindings back to allow the board to Float.I forgot that I had a Huuuuuge project that I started on yesterday. Nice to see that it's becoming somewhat easier. Hopefully we can carpool sometime and make some turns.:)
StealthBoarder
Expert

Bronco Boarder;146546 wrote:
If and when you do hit Pow-Pow, make sure you set the bindings back to allow the board to Float.I forgot that I had a Huuuuuge project that I started on yesterday. Nice to see that it's becoming somewhat easier. Hopefully we can carpool sometime and make some turns.:)

Doubt I'd need to make any major adjustment for powder. This board is wider in the front so it should float easily.
time2323
Beginner

Itll still float, but youll have to work harder to get it to. Its a directional right? I had my bindings centered on mine to make it ride a little more like a twin and when I went to Utah I regretted it quick. Felt much better after setting the bindings back like theyre supposed to be with a directional board.