The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cataloochee TR - Opening Day 10/28

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiordie
Intermediate

@wxbrad 145998 wrote:skiordie..... can I use a few of your pics on-air tonight?

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, you can. not a problem :)

-Blake
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

amazing
Think snowmaking temps.
clemsonkeri
Beginner

awesome coverage, esp for october! I'll be up there tommorrow and hopefully have just as nice of conditions, if not better! :) thanks for the TR!
rockinragu
Intermediate

sooo jealous!! I hope they stay open! I am planning to get up there on election day
aclemons
Advanced

amazing photos, Blake!!!!! And it looks like you will be famous courtesy of Brad as well!
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

I'm excited about Thursday now! Thanks for TR man.
wxbrad
Beginner

@skiordie 146006 wrote:Yes, you can. not a problem :)

-Blake

Blake thanks..... you want me to use your last name?
Dontay
Beginner

I must say those arecos are worth every penny. Even though it takes a mere 1 or 2 mins if that to ski down what little they had open, thats still alot of coverage for such a little area.

Oh and one more thing......GO RAYS!
dj
Advanced

Nice pics, skiordie. We made it up to Cat about 7pm. Snow guns were blasting. I'm glad they only had the pole guns running. The portables they have between the pole guns would have made it a white-out. Couldn't get a decent picture. This one is with the camera sitting on a convient pole:

Here's a short, grainy, dark video:

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj17 ... 0_2608.flv

Best I could do...

The skiing was fun even though it took a lot longer to ride up and to ski back down. The triple stopped for about 20 minutes sometime around 8:00. We were next in line to get on. I'm glad it stopped when it did instead og about 30 seconds later :) They got it going again and we made a few more runs. I finally got to try out the new bluetooth setup for my helmet. Way cool to control the iPod while it's still in my pocket and connect to my phone too.

We'll probably go back Friday if the snow lasts.
medicskiers
Beginner

AWESOME TR!!!!!! Great video as well. It looks like the wind up there was still kicking going off the video. Thanks for posting, I have been checking all evening for a TR!! Cat never ceases to amaze me. One night and a little help from mother nature and look at what they can do. My opinon, one of the most dedicated ski areas around.