The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

LOVELAND First Day TR Official

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

As a few of you know I have been on the job hunt recently. My last endeavor took me to the promised land of Colorado. I had been watching the weather in hopes of snow while there. I had my b a gs packed with everything in anticipation of pre-Halloween turns. 2 days before I left I made the call that no one would open and I down sized my luggage. I was wrong.

Off we GO!

for those of you who have not flown into DIA, they have a special carousel for "oversized" luggage. I thought it was cool.

Cool storm on the front range

2 days into my trip, getting very safe at the hotel bar I overheard the news announce not only would A-basin open but Loveland as well!

I made a call to KneeDeep and after some begging was able to score some pants and a jacket. While hanging with KD he convinced me to try Loveland instead of A-Basin. I could not have had better advice. More on that Later.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

A good sign

I decided Monday to take a day tip to Breck.

On the way I saw that Loveland was blowing aggressively

Breckenridge is a nice little town, lots of places to get safe and stay. I recommend Erics for some good food and brew.

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

I was lucky on Wed and scored an early morning interview. As soon as that was over I took off for the mountains.

Aspen grove

I arrived at Loveland around 1pm.

Most of the crowds had left by then and out of 14 runs, I only waited for 2 chairs.

After I secured my rental gear and ticket I returned to the parking lot to get ready. WTF!? The car in front of me was from TENNESSEE, more specifically KNOX CO. HA!

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Obligatory chairlift shot.

And down

For those not familiar with the area I highlighted the open trail(s)

Lets do this!

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Looking up

And down the turn from catwalk

More slope

I cant get over the beauty of this place.

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

The run-out on Home Run

Beauty pics

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Views from the chairlift

ut_Twintip
Intermediate

did I mention this was not 56k friendly?

A happy UTTT

All too soon it was time to go.

I packed up and headed for the hotel

A pretty, yet sad sight to see.

Much thanks to KD for convincing me to hit Loveland instead of A-basin. AND loaning me a jacket, pants, and dog chew-toy he called goggles. I heard there were 45min waits at a-basin that day, and reports of some low landers gettin sick. I really want this job and to relocate. This trip secured my resolve to get out there at any cost.
jbc28
Expert

I heart Loveland.
KneeDeep
Expert

Glad you had a good time.

Just for the record, I did offer him a pair of non-chewed goggles (and skis, boots, and everything else too!).