The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Vail Report with pics

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
bamapilot
Expert

Just got home from Vail and already getting the thread up. I've been off the net since Thur so if I repeat anything that has been said over the weekend that is why. I'm not going to read a whole page of mostly nothing to catch back up, so get over it. 8)

These pics were taken with a $10 digital camara and the quality shows. Sorry about that but I didn't want to take the good camara on the hill.

Was at Vail from Fri the 12th thru sunday the 15th. Didn't what to expect with the crowd on a holiday weekend but my worries were pushed away very quickly.

As you can see the crowd was non-existent. I did represent why I was there, just trying to spread the gospel.

The conditions were just as all the other reports have said about the west, the coverage was thin in areas, but we did get about 10' of freshies on Saturday with another 2' on Sunday. So we had good conditions with some pow over the weekend.

While I was waiting at the top of the Mountain Top Lift at

I saw these, twin fart bags, saw some bluejeans too, but the photo didn't turn out.

At Mid Vial and at the top was the only crowd I could find, heard that most were in the back bowls so I stayed away from there. Reports of 45 minute lift lines, not for me. This is the only lift I waited for about 5 minutes.

Here are some misc pics of the area, and the lack of crowd in most of the pics. The place was huge, no dodging people on the hill.

Base of Vista Bahn looking up the hill from Vail Village.

Another pic from the Village

More views of the overly crowded slopes.

The moutains and again, the amazing crowd on a holiday weekend.

Looking down the Avanti line, pretty much had that whole area to myself.

Couple of pics of the village.

It was a little fridged out on the hill this weekend. On Sunday the coldest temp I saw was -2. After riding the lift about 4 times and seeing this temp and freezing on the lift, I decided to call it a trip. It was 3pm and the wind was blowing at the top. I stopped at Mid Vail for one last warm up before a push to the bottom of the hill. Took a self photo of exactly what I was feeling when I came in.

It was another great western trip, if you've never been out west you don't know what you're missing. So get on a plane and get out there. Most of the people I met were from the east coast escaping the summer that we've been living through for most of this winter. :)

So now I'm all warmed up for THE CLOUDMONT summit. :lol:
skiordie
Intermediate

[/quote]It was another great western trip, if you've never been out west you don't know what you're missing. So get on a plane and get out there.

Quote:

In one month Im going...plan on visiting Vail also

codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

any pics are better than no pics. nice tr.
Think snowmaking temps.
TNKen
Intermediate

Cool pics. Great place to ski. Did you get to the back bowls?

Here's a pic from Vail a few years ago at the Heuga Snow Express

Left to right on the back are Gil Adams, Billy Kidd, Jay Farris, Lindsey, and in the front Jimmy Heuga.

skiordie
Intermediate

hey i know jay!

where is he at these days?
Josh
Expert

BOOOOMBER TR!!
SKISC
Expert

Nice TR. I got home from CO the day you got there. The lowest temp I saw was -10. Honestly it di not feel that cold. Glad you had a good time.
Tmiller72
Expert

Wow, 12 feet of snow while you were there!!! :wink:
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
TNKen
Intermediate

skiordie wrote:
hey i know jay!

where is he at these days?

Jay is at the University of Virginia. He was at Killington last week trying out for the UVA ski team. Turned out he was 6th overall in the GS, which was good enough for him to make the "A" team. Was back at Beech teaching on Saturday.

Ken
bamapilot
Expert

Tmiller72 wrote:
Wow, 12 feet of snow while you were there!!! :wink:

Sorry it was 12 inches, don't know my symbols.

I did make it to the famous Back Bowls of Vail on Friday. They are the most impressive thing I have ever ridden. The crowd all went back there during the weekend with the pow. So I spent the next two days playing in the trees on the front side. AWSOME!!!