The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe Week trip report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
pagamony
Advanced

hey David - it's not too late. kids last day of school is tomorrow, get em out at noon and drive northwest. look for the condo with the big deck and gaudy xmas lights! Camp on that big deck (take an electric space heater)!!! inconvienently, i have a bunch of seasonal, uhhh..., stuff to do this week, so a day trip in the rain is my hope.
SKISC
Expert

aclemons wrote:
, I am going there for my anniversary in Feb.

Anniversary? I thought you just had a girlfriend. Or are you married too?
KneeDeep
Expert

afrobigfoot wrote:
but the truth is, im too much of a cheapass to spend $10 just formyself to eat one meal.

Afro, don't plan on coming out west or going to the NE... lunches at ski resorts are a lot more than $10- especially if you're paying for more than one.

that's why I usually have PB&J in my pack. :)
teledave
Expert

SKISC wrote:

aclemons wrote:
, I am going there for my anniversary in Feb.

Anniversary? I thought you just had a girlfriend. Or are you married too?

That'll get you in trouble fast.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

more power to him.....I might have to look into that after I get back from Montana :D
davidski
Expert

pagamony wrote:
inconvienently, i have a bunch of seasonal, uhhh..., stuff to do this week so a day trip in the rain is my hope.

Yeah that the case for me, still hope to make it to W Virginia in january but can only hope for one soggy day somewhere this week and maybe one better day at cat after Christmas.

2slikstix How bout them pics. It looks like temps will be dropping again---should get some more snowmaking